Registering as a national SWE member will broaden and enrich your SWE experience! As a registered national SWE member at UNM, you gain access to members-only events including networking events, career development opportunities, social events, personal development events, and more. It is also important to join SWE as a national member because only then can you be recognized as a SWE member by UNM, SWE, and outside employers. Additionally, only registered national SWE members can run for SWE Board and Exec positions within UNM SWE. National SWE also offers additional benefits to members, including:
- Access to a huge network of SWE professional members for networking or advice
- Access to a job and resume database with over 18,000 postings
- Access to over $500,000 in scholarships
- Faculty/student socials and networking events
- Recruiter/student networking events
- Company plant tours
- Professional and personal development workshops
- Member-only seminars, webinars, and speaker events
- Social events with other SWE Collegiate Sections
- Mentoring and networking events with SWE Professional Sections
- Support systems – peer groups, mentors, advisors, industry leaders
- Section programs including speaker events, seminars, and leadership opportunities
- SWE Magazine subscription
- SWE Career Center for internship and full-time employment search and career planning
- SWE National and Regional Conferences (Annual Conference 2011: Chicago; Region F Conference 2012: MIT!)
- Community events, leadership opportunities, SWE competitions, and more!
Collegiate to Career – $50
For a one-time $50 payment, collegiate members can secure a SWE membership for their collegiate years through the first year they qualify for professional grade membership. C2C is beneficial to students with two or more years of schooling left or those pursuing an advanced degree. Renewal is required each year, at no charge, to confirm continued SWE Membership. Take advantage of this program to maximize your savings on membership dues. For more information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions on the national SWE website.
Collegiate – $20
SWE Membership is available for $20 to college students majoring in engineering and must be renewed annually to obtain membership benefits.
For more pricing information and other special programs for graduate, returning, professional, or international please visit the SWE Membership page.
Ok, I’m ready to Join
Joining is simple, just visit swe.org and under the Membership tab, click Join.