The Society of Women Engineers at UNM hold outreach events multiple times a year to inspire students of all ages to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education and careers.
What We Do
- Encourage students, especially young women and girls, to pursue an education in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Build confidence when working in on science experiments.
- Develop and host science nights for children from elementary through high school.
- Promote STEM as a driving force for solutions to the community and world’s challenges.
- Provide UNM students with the opportunity to develop their leadership, communication, and teaching skills.
If you are a teacher, parent, or faculty member and are interested in having your child or students join our next outreach event, please send an email to email@example.com
MATH MOVES U is an outreach event for 6th-9th graders that will occur on November 19th from 9am-3pm! We are expecting about 200 students and are seeking volunteers to help with the event.